Baked Apple With Pepita Super Green Granola
It is no secret that sugar is the culprit behind many gut issues. Sugar is food for the bad bacteria in your gut, so it is good to minimize sugar intake whenever possible. Instead of noshing on sugary apple pie all season long, try this healthy baked apple with granola that will take just like apple pie in your mouth.
We mixed in our BIOHM Super Greens powder to give the granola a nutritional boost and a sweeter flavor. The granola is full of healthy ingredients like chia seeds, pepitas, and cinnamon.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 3 tsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 inch Ground Clove
- 4 tsp BIOHM Super Greens
- 2-3 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Apple, cut into 2-3 chunks
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300F degrees. In a bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients for the granola. Drizzle with maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil and drizzle over the granola mixture and stir.
- Spread the granola out onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool while baking the apple. You can also store in an airtight container until you are ready to bake the apple.
- Turn the oven up to 350F degrees and place the apple chunks onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 30 minutes.
- To assemble, place the apples in a bowl and top with granola.