How To Make Guilt-Free Keto Soft Pretzels
Enjoy delicious keto soft pretzels without an ounce of guilt with this recipe! RELATED: Quiche Bites
In this article:
Delicious Keto Soft Pretzel Recipe for Your Low-Carb Diet
Healthy Soft Pretzels RecipeYou don’t have to worry about breaking your no or low-carb diet with this keto pretzel recipe. Instead of using all-purpose flour which contains a lot of carbohydrates, you can use almond flour. This ingredient is gluten-free and full of healthy fats. Almond Flour Definition: Flour that is made from ground blanched almonds. It is usually used as a substitute for wheat flour as does not contain gluten, thus it does not cause allergies or stomach irritation.
Keto Soft Pretzel Ingredients
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese (optional)
- Sea salt for pretzel topping
Keto Soft Pretzel Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and garlic and onion powder. Mix these ingredients well.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and whisk. This egg will be used for the keto soft pretzel's egg wash.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese if you choose to use it. Microwave for 1 - 1.5 minutes and mix until well combined. If needed, microwave for an extra minute.
- Add your almond flour mixture to the large bowl along with the two remaining eggs. Mix well. Tip: If you're having trouble with the dough, you can microwave it to soften the mixture or even add another pinch of almond flour.
- Split the dough into 6 pieces. Then, roll each piece until they are in a thin breadstick-style shape.
- Once they’re thin enough, you can now fold each piece into a pretzel shape.
- Brush each pretzel with the egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake your keto soft pretzel for 12-14 minutes (until golden brown).
After baking, you can also try this BIOHM Super Greens Triple Greens Almond Butter Smoothie from BIOHM Health:
Being on a low-carb or keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite snacks anymore. Just substitute ingredients high in sugar and carbs with healthier options—opt for gluten-free milk like almond, soya, or coconut milk, instead of animal-produced dairy. You can also add macadamia nuts or walnuts for protein. Cheddar or mozzarella cheese adds the sodium you need. Make your keto diet more effective with a healthy gut. Support your digestion with natural and active probiotic cultures!
How do you make your keto recipes healthy? Share tips in the comments section below! Up Next:
- Frozen Cranberry Bars
- Baked Apple With Pepita Super Green Granola
- How To Quit Sugar For A Healthier Microbiome
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on April 26, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.