A yummy Italian dessert that uses gelatin, which improves overall gut health while also aiding in sleep quality and skin elasticity. How could it get any better?
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Raspberries and mint for garnish
- Pour ¼ cup of the cream into a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over it and let stand until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Place the bowl in a larger bowl of hot water and stir contents until gelatin dissolves.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the remaining 1 ½ cups cream, sugar, and salt just to a boil. Remove pan from heat, add chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
- Add gelatin mixture to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended. Evenly divide mixture among ramekins and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate until set and thoroughly chilled (at least 3 hours, up to 1 day).