Brunch at home has never been easier. These savory quiche bites are full of vitamin-rich broccoli, Super Greens, prebiotics and probiotics to fuel your body and heal the gut.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 10 oz. broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces or smaller
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 scoops BIOHM Super Greens
- 1-1/2 cups (about 5 oz.) shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350° and set an oven rack in middle position.
- Prep a muffin pan (6 cups) with butter or your choice of cooking oil.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent (about 4 minutes). Do not brown.
- Add the broccoli, ¼ tsp of the salt, and ⅓ cup water. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is al dente and the water has evaporated (3-4 minutes). Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, nutmeg, remaining ¾ tsp salt, cayenne pepper, and Super Greens Powder.
- Place the broccoli and onion inside each muffin cup. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top starts to brown.
- Once done, carefully use a butter knife to scrape around the edges to loosen. Remove and top with sour cream.