For a light and fluffy treat that’s full of raspberry tang, try this one-of-a-kind mousse.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the raspberries in a food processor and pulse to puree. Strain and discard seeds using a sieve.
- Place puree in a bowl. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into the raspberry mixture. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and beat on high speed with a mixer, until foamy. Gradually add cream and beat until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!